Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Released:  May 1st 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Series: Divergent, Book Two
Page Amount: 525, US Hardcover
Source: Library

*Warning the following blurb and review may contain spoilers. Please do not continue reading if you haven't read book one Divergent by Veronica Roth. You have been warned!!*

"One choice can transform you or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves and herself while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.


Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable-and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so."
- Information from Insurgent by Veronica Roth

My Thoughts:
I loved Divergent. I wasn't sure how the sequel could live up. I was proven wrong. Veronica has the amazing ability to keep you on the edge of your sit until the end. There were many times I didn't know what would become of Tris.

I don't want to reveal to much. But all I can say is I'm sitting here still trying to figure out the ending. I didn't see it coming. I look forward to the next installment in this amazing series!!

5/5 stars, Happy Reading, Ashley

*P.S. GO GET DIVERGENT AND INSURGENT NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment