Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
Released: January 10th 2012
Publisher: Dutton Books
Page Amount: 313 US Hardcover Edition
Source: Library
Purchase: Amazon/Barnes&Noble


"Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 12, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now.

Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too; post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault.

Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind."

-Information from Goodreads.com 

My Thoughts:
  I didn't get really emotional with this one. As everyone else seemed to have. I did enjoy it. Being my first ever John Green novel. I can see why so many love him. Hazel is truly an remarkable character. I found myself hoping she would be ok. I felt her loss after Augustus's death. (spoiler?). I wish to learn what becomes of her. Does her cancer claim her body as well?

I would definitely be picking up more of John Green's books in the future. This book has the perfect balance of humor, sadness, and romance thrown together. In a way I feel on John could of done.

5/5 stars for sure, Happy Reading!!


P.S. If anyone has read this book. Do you know if the books mention In The Fault In Our Stars is real?   

No comments:

Post a Comment